View Single Post
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 View Post
There's plenty of evidence to NOT change processor scheduling in Windows. For example: https://www.native-instruments.com/f....313271/page-5

Note that I also believe that changing the scheduling MAY help, because it may mask one or more other problems with your setup, but I wouldn't just automatically change this setting in Windows out of the gate.
Correct.

Quote:
I believe it was a recommendation from Steinberg dating to the time of Windows XP.
It was an XP tweak for the RME Digi96 which had a bug at the time. It was fixed shortly after. This workaround is still on 95% of audio tweak websites.

Quote:
Yes, check the apps and services running in the background - the fewer the better (esp. any software that does automatic scanning, like antivirus). The Audient guide is pretty good, except for the aforementioned Processor Scheduling.
I measured services and apps running in the background. The difference is not measurable. Just leave them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixsta View Post
Ive just gone Windows 10 Optimization crazy, ill post back here what Iv'e done but to begin with Ive run
Black Vipers windows 10 services tweaks, which essentially just disables a lot of not so needed services.

Black Viper's Windows 10 Service Configurations | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com
I can save you the trouble. Black Viper is not an audio guy and his tweaks bring less than 1% performance extra. If you are a gamer, maybe, I didn't test that.