View Single Post
Old 7th August 2019
Gear Head

[QUOTE=pennycoolstudios;14136032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYXCKO View Post
To get a top 40 sound you need gear. period.

To compete with the top 40. You NEED expensive gear & an expensive acoustic environment. Show me a top 40 song made on a scarlet solo and a rode nt1 or anything that wasn't made on a $10,000-$100,000+ setup in this last decade or hell since the year 2000.

and etc etc etc

There are a millions ways to make a good living in music that have nothing to do with the "top 40".

Here are my suggestions:
1. Stop trying to be an overnight success.
2. Practice. I have practiced 3-5 hours a day since I was 12. Music is hard work.
3. Doing number 2 is the equalizer you seek.
4. Grow up.

Sorry number 4 seems harsh, but life is life. Not everybody makes it. And I dont know ANYONE who has made it without working their ass off.

You don't know even know me. How do you know how much I practice? and how is that relevant to what I typed? You seem to didn't read or missed the entire point of what I said. Only a fool would be mad at the change I hope to see.... wow I recommend a more affordable solution to acquiring pro audio to get closer sonically to what they use via the top 40 & I get attacked by probably the same privileged rich kid i am talking about in the post. LOL