View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I agree with all that. I personally love that the elite club of people who could buy an expensive piece of gear has been infiltrated by the riff-raff. Whether it be software or inexpensive hardware, it doesn’t matter to me.

Also, I should mention that I have zero against what Uli is doing. It’s not for me, but there was a hole and a lot of hand wringing about why that hole could not be filled, and Behringer went over, while no one was looking, and filed it. Good on him.

My only complaint is that the constant speculation and hints that are being put out by Behringer via forums (fora?) and social media is causing every other thread to be about one of the clones and a lot of them don’t even exist yet... or may never exist. I suspect he’s trying to gauge public interest before he makes a synth, and that feels a bit manipulative. If he announces a Pro One clone, then of course start a new “Behringer Clone’s The Pro One” thread, but we’re seeing things like BS-80 threads with little evidence that such a synth will be made. The chum in the water is ruining the view of the reef.

In the end, it’s a good thing. The more people playing music, the better.
Agreed...there's nothing worse than cheesy astroturfing. The product should 'speak' for itself if it is able to.