thread: Eventide H9000
View Single Post
Old 28th July 2019
t_d
Lives for gear

thanks for making a point of that. that the emote itself doesn’t process audio. while i know that i think i’ve been thinking of my routings in terms of using it like a standard audio plug in

so really it doesn’t matter what actual track the emote is on since it’s just a remote control for the hardware.

i guess what i need to do is figure out which inputs in the giant 52 channel aggregate device are actually the usb audio ins and outs.

and route accordingly in PT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgee View Post
What i would do in your case is route main outputs to the first 2 H9000 outputs and prove that working
Then in emote you make the inputs visible for routing into the FX CHAIN. Then take the DAW ins 1&2 and route into the FX CHAIN.
The emote manual shows this i think.
Then route the FX CHAIN output to the analog outs 1&2 and just get that working.

Not sure what you're intending putting emote on a track, but just to clarify that won't route any audio to the H9000. It's for automation and session recall.

If i remember correctly, the labelling of the channels by audio midi was confusing. So try using the the outs and ins in reverse just to be sure.
It confused me a little, is an Out from the DAW actually an out to the H9000 or an in to the H9000.
So i had to mess around a little and eventually relabeled in audio midi.
Not in front of my system