View Single Post
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiJedenPan View Post
I admit, I seriously considered the stereo microphone.

There are many similar to LSD-2, but in my opinion they are too big for a central place on stage and may attract too much attention. There are a lot of opinions about VP88, but most of all I'm afraid of its weak sensitivity for a mobile recorder, and we're basically playing quiet music. AT4050ST seems the best - two types of stereo and MS, although it's the most expensive. But it's a great candidate!

Generally the Gearslutz is dominated by not the best opinion about one-point stereo microphones and maybe it's true, but in a concert situation their functionality has an incredible advantage: one cable (organisers hate cables), one mount (I hate to fight with a tripods and pliers minutes before playing), then one button to press ...unless there is an earthquake
I think you are overstating the visual look of something like the LSD-2. It is tall, but no wider than your CAD, is one slim mike, and no extra wire clutter on the stand. Fits on a simple stand like one mic. Pretty innocuous I think vs your CAD and any other microphone.

Now a real bang for buck performer in stereo microphones is the Avantone CK40. $599
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ser-microphone

You'll not worry about it visually as it is that cabernet red color with shiny chrome grilles. Everyone will notice it.