View Single Post
Old 17th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianN View Post
Although some people have had great success with the beryllium version, I had lots of problems with mine, so I returned them and got the newer version.
What were the reasons you got the newer version, respectively, what were the exact problems?

Quote:
Honestly, I'm very happy with my late gen ones and would rule the tweeter differences negligible, or maybe non-existent, but then again, I did not compare them side by side. I only got my new pair months later, but from memory, that's my take, and I'm very happy with my speakers. They make me drool (sorry, TMI!).
Yea, probably there is a minimal difference in sound.

Quote:
My honest opinion is that you should forget any OCD tendencies (I have it too lol) and go with a newer, supposedly more reliable pair. They still give me what I need and I love them.
The thing is that I would get a used pair for around 1.5k €

Quote:
If you are too OCD and simply can't get over the possibility of there being differences, the only way you'll be happy is if you buy both and sell the pair you don't like. The difference is probably minimal and there is no way to tell which one you'll prefer.
I am quite OCD but I will probably get that bargain this weekend and if I have problems or just don't like the sound, I can probably sell them for more in my town and maybe get the new ones. I can also probably compare by just taking one to my local store and A/B them in mono, there they have a quite new pair, if not even the newest version.

Quote:
Opals are already a polarizing speaker. Some love them and some hate them. However, monitors are a very personal choice. These are the ones for me and they pair up nicely with something like NS10's. To me, they do everything the NS10's don't, quite magically. I haven't quite found other monitors that do it for me like these do.
Which exact Model of the NS-10's do you have? On my way to the Opal's an offer popped up for the NS-10 PRO's at also quite a bargain price. I'm probably also getting those