View Single Post
Old 17th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by WezleyMusic View Post
Etch-A-Sketch you're ********. Quit trying to mislead people. It sounds like you are working for the competition or something lmao.

I don't hide who I am. I put my real name in my signature and you can follow the links to see what I do and who I do it with. AND!!! I've been a member of the GS community for going on 10 years now and have thousands of posts...

YOU!!! just joined and have TWO total posts here on GS. Both of which are in this thread attacking me because I'm pointing out flaws in the way Splice handles their products legally.

Also, ironically, I got a linkedin friend request from someone from splice just a couple days ago... Are you sure you aren't from Splice and decided to create an account just to try and attack me???

Quote:
I already had the Splice terms cleared with my lawyer.
I think this speaks for itself... it might be time for you to stop using your Uncle's ex-wife's son-in-law divorce attorney for legal advice.

Quote:
All this means is that you cant take the sound by itself and have it copywritten, which makes sense because other subscribers have the right to use that sample as we did. However, if you take that sound and add stuff to it, it becomes YOUR composition.
But... what if the samples you downloaded from splice were illegally stolen (without permission) from a record label's album and splice doesn't have a legal right to distribute it to you? what if the samples were stolen from a competing sample library and splice doesn't have the legal right to distribute it publicly to you?

Quote:
This protects other subscribers from getting sued for using the sample, However, if they copy your entire composition then you can sue. The tech wasn't saying you had to register it as a derivated work UNLESS you use the sample BY ITSELF! This makes complete sense!
If you are only using the sample by itself, it's not a derivative work. It's a COPY. Before you try to argue copyright law please take a few music publishing and copyright classes so you can at least be somewhat up to speed on how it all works please. Also just for the record, if you take a sound and add stuff to it, it DOES NOT become yours. That is the legal DEFINITION of a derivative work as per the Copyright Act of 1909 and 1976.

I'm sorry, I hate to be so condescending and rude... but when you come in here guns blazing telling me I am "********" and that I am "misleading" people with your very first post on GS, when you yourself don't even understand basic concepts like what a derivative work means, you are going to get some stern backlash from me.