View Single Post
Old 26th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
We've uploaded the 2.0.2 VintageVerb beta into the user accounts of all VintageVerb license owners. The change since 2.0.1:
  • Fixed the issue where Pro Tools projects with mono->stereo instances of VVV 1.7.1 weren't opening up correctly.

That's the only change between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. A fresher on the changes since the VintageVerb 1.7.1 release:
  • New reverb mode: Chaotic Neutral. This mode has been designed to be fairly transparent, with a natural decay of high frequencies. It uses the chaotic modulation of the other Chaotic modes, but its tone is, well, neutral. Try using short settings of Size for smaller drum rooms, and large Size settings for giant reverbs.
  • Pro Tools automation enhancements, including the "3-fingered salute."
  • VST3 version
  • Fix to bug that some people encountered in the Ambience mode

Please submit a support request (https://valhalladsp.com/support-request/) if you run into any issue with this beta. I've already built the 2.0.2 demo installers, and am working on a MailChimp announcement, so this should hopefully be the "official" update in a few days.
Only one thing which I've mentioned via email to ya Sean, on Windows while the default VST folders suggested by the installer are now more sane, you should first attempt to read them from the registry:

64-bit VST2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath
32-bit VST2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\VST\VSTPluginsPath

Pretty please fix these in the installers!

Some other companies also store their own copy of this path so when you update or other company installers are run, it knows the correct VST path.

e.g. for Valhalla DSP plugins, I always install to;

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\Valhalla DSP, LLC
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST2\Valhalla DSP, LLC

But each time I run any Valhalla DSP installer, I have to choose this directory again. It would be even worse if my default VST path was something other than Common Files\VST2.

This would be a really nice improvement to the installation experience.

Some examples of where other manufacturers store their VST paths:

Exponential Audio (per plugin):
VST2 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ExponentialAudio\R2\VST64Install

Reveal Sound (per plugin)
VST2 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RevealSound\Spire-1_1_x64\InstallDir
VST2 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RevealSound\Spire_1_1_x86\InstallDir

DMG Audio
VST2 64-bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DMGAudio\InstallPaths\VST_64
VST2 32-bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DMGAudio\InstallPaths\VST_32
VST3 64-bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DMGAudio\InstallPaths\VST3_64
VST3 32-bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DMGAudio\InstallPaths\VST3_32

Synapse Audio (per plugin)
VST2 32-bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synapse Audio\DUNE 2\VstDir32
VST2 64-bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synapse Audio\DUNE 2\VstDir64

and many more