View Single Post
Old 20th June 2019
Deleted e999d8e
Originally Posted by ChestyLarou View Post
I once took an audio class and there was a term for equipment that could be controlled digitally and by the knobs/faders. Does anyone know the term for this?

Anyways, I'm looking for an EQ which I can change, so I need some sort of software that can bring it back to specific settings. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a 31 band EQ. How am I supposed to evaluate one EQ over the other? What qualities am I looking for?

You vaguely remember something from an audio class you took once. OK.

Most people associate presets with software, not with hardware. Once I establish the settings on my hardware EQ's, I just leave them where they are. It's on my software EQ's where I do all of the manipulation, and have custom presets that keep me from having to dial everything in again each time I do a job.

Nevertheless, have you tried Googling or looking on a retailer site like Sweetwater for ideas? That's what I would do as a first step. I've never heard of an outboard EQ such as the one you describe, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.