View Single Post
Old 18th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgiver699 View Post
If you want to save yourself all the setup and at least half the time you could try a distribution already setup for music. I use AVLinux and it is great, the new 2019 version works great and I have Reaper Native and Reaper Win64 both working with a massive amount of Win VST (Win & LinVST).

Give it a try I'm sure you'll like it.
Nice there is a few good plug and plays... Like AV... Debian and 'Stretch' flavors are favorites. Here is a few things included in AVLinux: AV Linux ships with a number of audio, graphics, and video software. They include Ardour, Audacity, Hydrogen, MuseScore, Calf Studio Gear, GIMP, Inkscape, Shotwell, Blender, Kdenlive, Openshot, and Cinelerra.

I still use Ardour... especially for a difference in creative work flow... Hydrogen is nice drum machine when you make some quick drum kits (many free kits to download too). Use audacity from Reaper is GREAT... Open and edit audio item in second editor. Inkscape is fast nice thumbnail or title page editor. Video making is EZ and quick Kdenlive is great for stripping out audio from vids with good codecs for YT and uploads.

So many useful plugins on CALF alone.