View Single Post
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear

From the outside listening in, it sounds like 8DIO (Infinite God?) didn’t come close to achieving their ROI and basically bailed on any more serious X-time.

And, someone in authority needs to PM-cut Lady Gaia a big consultant/developer’s check for swooping in to save their collective faces.

But, I think my interest in the X has passed. It just doesn’t seem to have fulfilled its potential. I sort of cringe at all the hoop jumping required to create, load, setup and use user samples. Maybe it’s easier than I realize.

Plus, all the so-called deep-sampled variations on the same sound (theme) seem like filler/overkill. I’d prefer 1000 premium quality, individual instrument samples, over 200 samples with 5 variations (like different mic positions) any day.

It sucks when an obvious masterpiece is needlessly hobbled or diminished by lack of foresight or needed development. I hope it all gets worked out so these limitations are removed and features expanded to max out the X’s potential. I could really apppreciate a powerhouse sample-synth that’s a breeze to use on all levels.

At the same time, I know there are plenty of folks perfectly happy with their X the way it is. At least, I think, there are. It’s plenty feature rich and capable for making great music in the right hands.