View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019
Lives for gear

Oh man. Thats basically the forerunner to the iPhone thread. And the follow up iPad thread. Sheesh those were good.

Funny how long Apple has been putting out crappy **** no-one wants for 20 years yet somehow keep going up in value as a company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsy View Post
My personal favourite is the Macrumors thread in 2001 after Steve Jobs unveiled the iPod:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...hing-ipod.500/

Some choice cuts from just the front page:

“iPoop... iCry. I was so hoping for something more.”

“Great just what the world needs, another freaking MP3 player. Go Steve! Where's the Newton?!”

“hey - heres an idea Apple - rather than enter the world of gimmicks and toys, why dont you spend a little more time sorting out your pathetically expensive and crap server line up?
or are you really aiming to become a glorified consumer gimmicks firm?”

“I still can't believe this! All this hype for something so ridiculous! Who cares about an MP3 player? I want something new! I want them to think differently!
Why oh why would they do this?! It's so wrong! It's so stupid!”

“gee! an mp3 player with a HD! how original! kinda reminds me of a JUKEBOX i once knew..”

“$400 for an Mp3 Player!
I'd call it the Cube 2.0 as it wont sell, and be killed off in a short time...and it's not really functional.
Uuhh Steve, can I have a PDA now?”

It goes on an on, I’m guessing Apple is glad those people weren’t in their focus groups :D