View Single Post
Old 4th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Diy Gobos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag J View Post
I was thinking about early reflections from the piano lid possibly causing some phasing issues, but with judicious placement that might not be an issue. OP is going to want to build some gobos anyway, so the ribbons might be the trick regardless of how the lid opens into the room.

You're not wrong, incidentally, about the average price of LDC's used as kick mics. In my experience, though, a good lower priced alternative on kick is a Rode NTK. You'd be surprised how much drum kit information you can capture with a pair of 4050's overhead and an NTK in front, at about the 1m mark.

The Rode NTK os a fabulous kick mic, in my estimation.
So I’m thinking to make decent gobos, but since room is not that large I dont think I can make gobos too big.

Just wondering is each gobo has to be at least xx inch thick? I heard this for bass trap, so I did it exactly what people suggested but couldnt find useful information about gobos yet.

And as far as I know, gobos will absorb sound, but in my case is it better to make them to not absorb but reflect sound? I have no clue about gobos yet so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thank you!