View Single Post
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smit View Post
Hello, ive been looking around on this forum and have found some posts about studio being in the corner of the room. Its not a good idea, i know, but the things is that its my only option. So the question is: is it possible to make the corner so, that there would t be any problems with the stereo imaging and bass? Of course acoustic foams help and i have to get a lot of bass traps. I live on the last floor which means the ceiling/wall is diagonal? I dont know if it makes things worse or better. Every tip and solution would be very much appreciated and ill also add a picture of the studio(which is not ready because of the foams)
https://m.imgur.com/a/V57zZi1

Thank you!
FIRST:
It is not problem if your studio is in the corner IF you have everything symmetrical from left to right. Even if your ceiling is slanted.
I do not know if this is a case with your corner, because you did not send a drawing of the whole room.

SECOND:
Try to avoid unreasonably large working reflecting surfaces, between you and your loudspeakers. You are trying to build studio not bank office. Also you do not have a big mixing desk, try not to improvise similar reflecting surface, without reason.

I hope I help you.

Last edited by boggy; 17th May 2019 at 09:48 PM..