View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Not at all.

Basically, it's extreme and steep parallel low-pass filtering of an acoustic guitar with a resonance boost at the "corner" frequency. The result, or at least the goal, is something that doesn't sound acoustic or electric, but sorta in-between. In the first song it's on the acoustic lead guitar, and the corner boost is pretty mild. In the second song it's on the acoustic "twin leads" at around 1:50, and the boost is more extreme.

I do this with the F2 HP/LP filter in McDSP Filterbank, but there are other filter plugins that will do it as well. And there may, in fact, be analog filters that can do it, but I'm unaware of them.

Wow thats pretty cool. Thanks for the reply. I hear that effect on “when you know”, and I’ve got to say it definitely is right in between an acoustic and an electric tone. Really cool! I was expecting it to sound super resonant, but it’s actually quite clean and smooth.

Also When You Know is such a good track I really liked it. The mix, quality, vibe, lyrics, everything was great. Plus I can relate to the lyrics!