View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
absolutely - except that the pa better be a l/c/r system rather than just l/r, but that's a discussion for another thread...
You're right, I've worked at FOH a few times there and it's pain in an ass)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
i didn't get to work with a nevaton mic yet - any comment on the sdc's?
I've asked a few years ago a few Nevatons mics for some testing and were pretty sceptical about them, I have a lot of mics (Neumann, Gefell, DPA, Beyerdynamic, AEA, Royer, Pearl, Sennheiser, Schoeps, you name it) and I didn't expected that they can fight with cats like Schoeps, Neumans, etc... I was wrong.
I have tested them against Schoeps, DPA's, Neumann and others and was amazed, Nevaton's are top microphones with their own face for sure.
Now they have released modular 59 series and it's really-really great, cardioid version much-much fatter then MK4, more detailed and not so bright. Omni version is extremely close to MK2 sound-wise, they are a bit different but with the same character. Also Nevatons does have extremely low noise, that's very important for me, omni (MC59-O) is 5dba self-noise and cardioid (MC59-C) is 7 dba, wide cardioid (MC59-W) is about 6 dba I think. At the moment they dont have bright omni capsule so if I need brighter omni I use MK2H or DPAs but I know that they have plans for bright omni, 8, hyper and a few more. So nowdays I'm a big fan of them as you can see!)