View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJacobsen View Post
Hi all,

This is Alex Jacobsen with Auratone, grandson of the late Jack Wilson, the founder of Auratone and creator of the beloved 5C speaker. I'd like to help bring some clarity to this topic.

The Music Group/Behringer Auratone C5A and C50A are not related to us and our Auratone 5C in anyway. We have not sold nor licensed the brand. We filed a lawsuit against Music Group in US District Court for trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, passing off, and false association of origin. The case is pending and we anticipate the trial occurring sometime next year.

There is also pending ligation in Europe in the EUIPO, and a decision in that case is imminent. All of these cases are of public record.

Auratone has been a family business for over 50 years, and we continue to operate as one, the way Jack would have wanted it. We look to carry on his legacy and are committed to protecting that.

Alex
Thank you very much for your explanation! I wish you all the best for that lawsuit and I hope those enterprises using your name to trick us into buying their products will fail soon.