View Single Post
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirgelman View Post
Hey all,
While looking for some good mixing/mastering plugins and searching non-stop for comparisons, like “UAD vs Waves” or “FabFilter vs Waves” etc..... there seems to be a pattern.

Lots of people seem to state that it’s not the tools - it’s the person using the tools.

Well, that’s a valid and logical thing to say.

But some people take it to extremes and say “your daw’s stock plugins are enough to produce in top production levels”.

Now that sounds weird to me.

After trying Waves, UAD plugins, FabFilter and some other companies - for sure each of them bring different flavor.

But even Logic Pro’s stock plugins which are praised by many (because they are indeed good) - it seems impossible to reach top level sound with them.

Can someone name me one hit song (a fairly new one) that was made using only stock plugins for its mixing and mastering?

I’m having trouble believing such thing exists.

To be clear, I’m talking about top charting songs like “me!” By Taylor Swift Or “Psycho” by Post Malone, “Taki Taki” by DJ Snake and more.

Thanks!
If you're talking about big hits and names like that then you'll never find those songs made from stock plug ins..

1. Its too much $$ on the line
2. Top songs will all go through some of the best hardware in the end so its not really about the plug-ins, per se.