View Single Post
Old 4th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Sjaavik View Post
Hi,

I am a university student currently working on my final paper. The thesis is based around DAWs, as the industry standard, and if there are any trends that contradict it. As part of the project, I need data in order to confirm or deny the various questions I am presenting. In order to achieve this, I have created a survey that I hope as many as possible will be able to answer. It should take no more than a few minutes, and is completely anonymous.

Link to survey: https://forms.gle/N69LEE8ug6oJz9kG6

Thank you to everyone who answers, your help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sjåvik
Nord University, Norway
I would consider some things such as how peer pressure and how fanboys have made PT popular. I would also research how while PT may be the most popular app in commercial facilities, it is now one of the lesser used apps in home studios. In a addtaion how commercial studios are "married" to the product even though there are much better DAW solutions available. I would also consider how many of the other DAWs have well surpasses PT in performance as well as ease of use and efficiency in workflows. Lastly I would research how "Protools" is often used as an adjective. Much like people use "auto-tune" or "coke" in a generic manner. In other words when someone hears a mix that sounds bad and digitized they will often say "that sounds like pro tools". Even though they have no idea what it was actually recording with.