View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
"Peers" often go from "meh" towards lower quality work because its true, to "meh" towards higher quality work because they don't want to be outdone and find a reason why yours is "meh" to protect their own ego.

Peers = meh, pretty much period The guys 10 years younger, THEY'LL let you know if you're actually good or if you suck. The raw emotional feedback of a younger fan who still looks up to you can be considerably more helpful than peer feedback, where you always have to account for motive and disillusionment.
I would much rather let a 5 or 15 year old listen to a song... who knows nothing about music, than than a more knowledgeable or accomplished person. It takes 2 seconds for them to diss it... but when you get a couple of wows in a row,,, you know you hit on something. I am not saying I would not like to go over a song with a top of the top producer. Funny how a 5 year old painter gets close to great artists in various works... then when taught they lose the spirit of the creation... and up up with a mediocre rendering career... I see this all the time... getting lost in trying to produce a song... that stays on the 'meh' flatline is somewhat similar.