View Single Post
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
Aw, man. C'mon, zerocrossing. You're lettin' me down. What a snobby Californian thing to say!

I've never been there, but Idaho sounds awesome.
I know... there’s just something about Quantum7 that just brings out the Bugs Bunny in me. I know I shouldn’t do it, but I doed it.

There’s a kernel of truth in my jibe though. According to the interweb, the population of Idaho is about 1.754 million. The population of California, 39.56 million. I’m not going to look it up, but I’ll venture to say that California is way more diverse than Idaho as well. So, that means trying to make not only a lot more people happy, but also to allow for a lot more cultural preferences to coexist together. Not a small feat. So, sorry for being snarky that your mostly white Christian state of very few people per square mile is a bit more tidy than mine.

Here’s one thing I do know. One of my best friends has a 4 year old who’s clearly already not polarized on the sexual spectrum. Too early to tell, but at the very least this little child will be a transvestite. All he wants to wear is very girly clothes. Bra-fuking-vo for him, because he lives just out side of Berkeley and no one (well, almost no one) gives a sh!t what that child wears as long as it’s happy and nice. I shudder to think what that child’s life would be like if he were born in a back-water (yeah that’s right, I’m saying it) like Idaho, or any other number of states where anything diverging from their idea of normal is treated as criminal.

Does that make me snobby? So be it. If being proud that I live in a place that actually tries to uphold Christian values as opposed to those who fly the flag and then behave nothing like what ol’ Jesus was a-preach’n, then I’ll put up with a pot hole and late train every now and then for the privilege to live far outside of Idaho.

I can also say that I know for a fact that California pays the federal government more than it receives. Can Idaho say the same? I’m just sick of these red states and their bragging about their low taxes and crying about California as a welfare state, and then you find out that they’re sucking down farm subsidies and welfare like no one’s business.