View Single Post
Old 30th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeVlad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
"When using the XLR inputs, the D10 is noisier than the Sound Devices Mixpre 10T or 633 recorders. Granted, these are recorders with more features and in different price categories, but it still is a bit disappointing."

The guy buys a $500 recorder and is disappointed that it does not have the same performance as a couple of Sound Devices boxes that are more than 3 and almost 7 times it's cost?!? Respected indeed.
Right, so the reason I compared it with the two recorders in question is because that's what I had on hand. It's also what a lot of the folks I know work with so it provides an easy benchmark.

One other thing: the Kashmir preamps in the 10T can also be found on the cheaper Mixpre 3 and 6 so in the end I think it's not a 100% unfair comparison.

At any rate, do let me know what you'd like me to test the D10 against and I'll try to do it after my next field recording trip.
Sounds like you have experience with the D100 and the D10. Ignoring noise floor, how do the built in XY microphones and the headphone amps compare between the two?

Thanks