View Single Post
Old 27th March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Eklund View Post
… But looking at your waterfall plots and realizing that the time scale is different on the before and after graphs; you actually improved the situation surprisingly considering the very small area treated and not even on a related surface area (for about 50 Hz) if panel is lying on the floor …

I´d say your room is good enough to benefit from 2 subs and a DSP to be able to correct the low end (and to be able to x-over above possible floor related SBIR dip in the 110-170 Hz or so range) with decent results.
Hello, thank you.

The pannel is laying horizontally on the floor. Its face is looking at the opposite wall, not at the ceiling.

I ve added 20 CM of rockwool 50kg, GFR around 15, on the wall, above the pannel mentionned earlier, up to the ceiling.

And i ve added 10 CM of rockwool 50 Kg / GFR on the first reflections spots (side walls and ceiling).

Here is what i have now : It's much better. Except this huge dip at 1KHz. I'm looking for what to do. Moving the cloud, moving the speakers, retrieving the thick carpets.

Next step : i will add a non-woven polypropylene fabric on some of the pannels (not the first reflections); in order to rise the decay up.

acoustic treatment for a small live room-waterfall_complete.jpg

acoustic treatment for a small live room-termine_spectro.jpg

acoustic treatment for a small live room-complete_avant_apres2.jpg

acoustic treatment for a small live room-fir_complete.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
acoustic treatment for a small live room-waterfall_complete.jpg   acoustic treatment for a small live room-topt_complete.jpg   acoustic treatment for a small live room-spl_complete.jpg   acoustic treatment for a small live room-fir_complete.jpg   acoustic treatment for a small live room-complete_avant_apres2.jpg  

acoustic treatment for a small live room-termine_spectro.jpg