View Single Post
Old 7th March 2019
Lives for gear
ARIEL's Avatar
Originally Posted by zamproject View Post

VCA (voltage controlled amplifier) is an active circuit which is used as a level element in this case, "electronic fader", in general you can use different things to set the control voltage, a fader, DAC, or a modulated DC from a side chain like in VCA compressor

Motorised fader is same as a fader, except the mechanical movement can be controlled via the motor and the driver coming with. Audio still passive through the resistive element of the fader can also set the CV of a VCA via a motorised fader

Great thanks for the info, Now it seems that a motorized fader would be more preferable seeing as it is passive and have less effect on the sound.