View Single Post
Old 7th March 2019
adl
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Not exactly. First off, the AEON is front ported. If you ever worked in small spaces, a front port can save you a whole lot of headache when it comes to midlows and low end response.

Like I said earlier, take some time to place your Monitors correctly. 50cm is WAY too close. Get some stands for your monitors or build yourself some with simple plywood and 2x4 and get them further appart in an equilateral triangle.

Now if you want to understand the full extent of what I'm suggesting, you should put a sine wave at 60hz and listen to it from your 50cm position then go further down your room at about 2.7 m from the monitors and then youll really hear your 60hz. I think you'd be placed at half way a 60hz wave at 9 feet so thats 2.7m.

I read that you use sonarwork software. So it will be a very useful thing for you to use it if you placed your Klasik against the wall. Even though the bass response is fantastic on Klasik, you'll end up with a HUGE build up and that wont help you referencing unless you need those bass frequencies overloaded so you dont mix in a muddy way. But that would be like driving your car with a feet always on the break because you know you'll be breaking one day or another. Very bad practice. In the end, just do the best you can with the ressources you have now but I would highly suggest you do all you can to improve your situation by placing your monitors at least a bit more decently.
And dont overlook room treatment. This will help you a lot more then you can think.
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
I actually got room treatment but i don´t have a dedicated studio. It´s the living room which i have to share with wife, kid and 2 dogs, so i am limited in what i can do and how i place things. I am happy already that i got personal (studio) side in that room
I think i miscalculated the distance i sit to the APS Klasik a bit it´s more around 1 meter with also 1 meter distance between the two speaker (so it´s a equilateral triangle at least).
Will do a sonarworks measurement tomorrow, really keen on how the curve will look like. Previously i had two 9dB peaks (at 40Hz and at 103Hz). Sonwarworks really helped in getting a propper bass mix (mixing Kick and Bass)