View Single Post
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I figure the dividing line for things like this is less to do with seriousness, which can be hard to define, and more to do with if the place is strictly owner-user or not. A place could get some serious work done, and have some weird things that have to be done if the owner is always there for every part of every session.
I will only be there for 3 days a week, place will be open for 7 days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
If there are other people in there, you really have to idiot proof your whole HVAC system, including the ventilation (along with everything else). I have had my heat left to 90, AC left to 50, windows left open etc. There is a reason commercial spaces limit access to HVAC, windows, use automatic door closers and so on. Not a bad idea here to wire subwoofers so there is a relay that shuts them off when the door to the room is open...some people monitor at STUPID high levels. I have a guy who will throw Ozone on the master and smash the crap out of everything just so he can damage his hearing while 'mixing'...
True, we're with a team of about 12 and not everybody is as responsible as I would like but I do select the people I work with myself. But yehah, people leave stuff on and such (light ac, amp, pa's) I even had somebody not closing the front door one time, that's why there's 1 person present evreny night responsible for closing and shutting down everyday so it happens properly.