View Single Post
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman2020 View Post
The CEILING in the room downstairs will be decoupled from the FLOOR upstairs, in exactly the same way: that ceiling is built as stud frame that rests ONLY on your inner-leaf walls, without touching anything else.
Yes already drew it like that, thanks. How much room is recommend for the spaces between the walls? Like 5cm or 25 cm? Or is there a way to calculate it?

Quote:
That takes care of isolating the room downstairs from the one upstairs, but isolating the one upstairs from the rest of the world is a different story. That's why you'll see so many recommendations to NOT put a studio on an upper floor... because it's so hard (and expensive) to isolate that from the world.
yeah I know, well there wont be any full blown band rehearsel or recording just music teaching. But I'm hoping isolation will be good enough that we can use the booths to produce electronicmusic.

I made the same design from downstairs to upstairs

double drywall as ceiling
2 layers rockwool
air gap
2 layers rockwool
woodenfloor
OSB

Upper studio's wont be directly about the downstairs studio, hope that'll help.

Quote:
First, you should identify how much isolation you need for that room, in decibels.... and also determine of there will be any impact noise in that room. Based on that, we can help you look at the options... but be prepared, because this is way harder if you want high levels of isolation, or if there is going to be impact noise!

- Stuart -
Impact noise will be limited. But I figure that there will be bass from active monitors.