View Single Post
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tune View Post
Glad you pointed out those other features out @ uarte , it just made me dig into the menus a bit more. Some good stuff in there!

If TBPro does add meters hopefully he would implement RMS/ averaging into them and have 'in vs out' next to each other. I`m not a big fan of when plugs put input meter way over to the left and output meter way on the right, as it makes comparison more clumsy. Maybe it could be another menu/ hideable option that pops a panel out into the upper graph screen on the right about a cm or something?

Apart from some shortcut and cosmetic stuff, my personal request I made via PM was for a global wet/dry slider to be put under the main output gain slider on the right. Just to help to add some transients back in after the compression of the bands sometimes.

Also turns out you can use DEQ6 as a virtual wide-band compressor by just using band 1 as high-shelf on 10Hz. Parallel mix would be great in this case too!
I like your suggestions. Hope he considers those as well! Great points!

And yes, there is indeed some good stuff tucked away in this plugin. One other thing I absolutely LOVE about his plugins is how efficient and lightweight they are. They load quickly, don't chew up unnecessary resources, they seem very tightly coded, haven't hit any CPU limits yet, etc... little details like you can tweak the real-time analyzer to perform and display exactly what you want... just very well thought out, precise and almost scientific. Just great.

Lastly (for now), I also love his licensing model. No heavy-handed copy-protection... no limited number of installations, no online verification, no fat installation manager that hooks into your computer and installs tons of garbage. Just simple, honest license keys and you can install on all your computers. It's respectful IMO -- it trusts the user to be honest. Thank you. It's refreshing. Not many developers do that these days and it inspires me to want to buy more of his plugins.