View Single Post
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Song on the radio the day of my mother's funeral

This February 15th marks the 1st anniversary of the funeral for my mother. I just wanted to share something with you that I just wrote to the radio station that I had on in the car at the time and a "miracle" that happened:

Quote:
Hello Classical 96.3,

I wanted to share a personal story that happened while listening to your station, to which this February 15th marks the first anniversary of what happened. I realize you may not believe me when I tell this story, but I wanted to share with you all the same as your radio station was part of it.

February 15th, 2018 was the day of the funeral for my mother. Her first name was Elisabeth.

After the funeral I got in the car...while we always have 96.3 on the car radio, I was contemplating turning off the radio and going home in silence.

But when starting the car the song that you were playing at that exact moment in time was "Elisabethan Serenade"...of all the songs in your playlist that you could be playing at that moment in time, and the fact I lingered at the funeral home after all our the other people who were at the funeral left, you were playing the "Elisabethan Serenade" on your station at that exact time.

It was like it was my mother's way of saying goodbye.

I confess I wished I had gone on your website at the time and took a screengrab of your playlist at the time to prove this "miracle" had happened.