View Single Post
Old 13th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Sonimus View Post
Hi bleen, thanks for asking

You shouldn't think about Satson Chanel strip as a pure SSL channel strip because Satson Channel Strip is not a clone of any one console.
Indeed, but by putting an SSL 4k-inspired EQ and "The World's Most Famous Bus Compressorâ„¢" from the same console in your plugin, you've pretty much determined that this is an SSL channel strip, albeit with your own spin.

Quote:
Although the modules are inspired by certain equipment, each has their own personality. Sonimus never tries to make exact replicas of existing hardware.

Our products have a unique sound and workflow because of this.
I don't disagree, and why I already own everything else you make.

Quote:
Our goal isn't to try and be everything to everyone. This means we may omit certain features from hardware that we don't think are absolutely neccessary. Above all else, we are targeting users who have a trained ear and are tired of using plugins that sound "like a plugin". We invest almost all our budget in developing the product to make sure it will sound as analog as possible and will sit well in a mix.
That's great; but a "channel strip" is a system - for me, a gate/expander is part of this system and having the added flexibility of where I want to place it within your rack would go a long way to adding value and flexibility to what already sounds great. The same with having a compressor that is more inspired by the channel comp of a 4k than the bus comp (fast attack, auto-gain, etc).

Quote:
I am sure if you try demo version for Satson Channel Strip you can determine if the product will meet your needs.
As I mentioned, I am demoing it (although having to dismiss the "TRIAL" message every time I open an instance of the plugin truly makes demoing a "trial"...).