thread: API The box?
View Single Post
Old 11th February 2019
  #516
Lives for gear
 
andersmv's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
My guess is towards the end of the year you will get the 15% off. It’s a hot new product right now. Worth waiting for since hopefully you can use it for the next 10 years.
I really doubt it. You could grab the V1 for around $12,700 new. If I remember correctly, when the V1 was first announced, it was listed at like $18k and was just WAY too much. Then they lowered list to $15k and pretty much anyone would give you the 15% off of that if you asked and had a good relationship with the dealer. API's already been through the gauntlet and finally settled on the price, I think with the added channels it's priced right at 16k.

As much as I would like to take a chance and order towards the end of the year, my decision to wait until summer was already been felt and inconvenient. We'll see what happens, but I don't see anyone going down on the price at this point. I think API finally got the price to feature ratio normalized at this point.