View Single Post
Old 27th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Heeeeey Muzzl3!

How are you my friend?! Hope you're slamming it! ;-)

Look, I was NOT trying to be nor have been sarcastic. All I said was post a few screenshots showing your Mastered Tracks with that ton of stuff. That is what I wanted to see. Is that so hard? Well of course that I was really intersted seeing how does they look! Not only me but many others here as you could see for yourself. Instead you go deeper in philosophy. OK. Your prerrogative. I dig that. It's OK. I became sarcastic afterwards. I admit that! Hope you won't take it the wrong way. As you have your right to (almost) write and think as you see fit so do I. Therefore I apologize if I crossed the line. I just couldn't help it. Sorry.

I will say this outloud now and publicly. I think you didn't understand both my question and interest in showing your waveform image (I'm talking about level and dynamics here) as well as from other users here who also work this for a long time. Professionally. The real question is why. But I leave that to you.

Read your long post (one or two back in this Thread) and think about it. Are you trying to post a few waveform screenshots or avoiding the fact by answering with yet another question?

Keep up the good work man and don't stop doing what you're doing!

Best regards to you man and all you Slutz here!

KreŇ°o
Ahh, no worries! I initially thought that you were being sincere about requesting screen shots and audio examples. I promise to work on doing that, soon... been kinda digging around for an example that is decent and has given permissions from the artist. I found one... hope you like rap music! I'll be using this track to do a shoot-out competition topic that is open to others doing their own tests, as Hermetech had suggested. I just haven't figured out exactly how to structure the topic (maximum simple, or more options in comparing more than 1 limiter/clipper combinations, various loudness targets, various track material types... and then, who really has the time to do all of that?)...

Later on, when I detected possible sarcasm, then I wasn't sure if the first post was also being within the same nature.

You didn't over-step, and I appreciate the honesty in your post.

I do understand what visual representations of waveforms are, as well as sophisticated and modern loudness readers which use the new LUFS (integrated, short-term, and maximum momentary) loudness measurements relative to full scale, and true peak behavior. I have several loudness meters, but I've been mostly sticking to iZotope's Insight, just out of habit (not that its the best one). It is very accurate, more so than some others that I've tested.

The main reason why I haven't bothered posting examples of my previous chains is because my chains are rarely the same, and are constantly being modified & updated... and, currently, I am in more of an "update and compare" mode, rather than a "stick to my previously working standardized workflow techniques and get the mastering jobs done." Another reason is that I always feel like my work from 4 months ago isn't as good as what I have done more recently... and then lastly, it is bothersome for my clients for me to ask the question "can I leak your track on gearslutz?"