View Single Post
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13 View Post
That's the whole point. I won't denigrate people who buy small, cheap things, it's their money and if that makes them happy, then why not, besides it's completely ludicrous and narrow-minded to criticize people for liking things you don't. Nevertheless, I'd rather pay a bit more and get something fully sized that feels like a proper instrument. Hardware is not only about sounds, it's likewise about the experience of interacting with a proper piece of machinery. In this respect, the NAMM has been rather disillusioning thus far.
I wholeheartedly agree.

For me, the most important thing in an instrument is the interface, more than the pure, raw sound of it or it's features (which both come to a close second, tied).

That's why I'm amazed with this budget instruments in particular: Both the microfreak and the Sensel have MPE (though not complete in the microfreak) and all these new synths have a hands-on approach. They could have better interfaces and surely the build quality is not like a minimoog, but it seems that the mopho-like interfaces (menu diving party!) are gone for good even in the cheap front.