View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcadian View Post
I will add a little counter argument to this though, the days that I'm working my ass off and get home at 9, I know that I have 2 hours tops to do what I need to do, so I focus much faster. When I'm taking days off work, I just meander around the house, play a little video games, think about songs forever and time flies by. So I guess there's an upside to it
Don't ask me what I'd do if I become a father, the time calculations give me NIGHT TERRORS.
I've found that with me the 4 hours per day (in 2+2) method works better than the 8 full day for things that require high cpu load in the head.
More quality and less time. Circa the same final results, the fact is that keeping high attention always engaged for long time is impossibile.
Henri Poincaré was a famous mathematician to use this strategy (2hours morning + 2 hours late afternoon with a big break in the mid) but not the only famous person.
If I can I do 10-12am circa and 20-22pm (or 22-24). Between 12 and 20 I've 8 full hours free.
In this central part my head can cool down.

I divide all the projects in blocks of circa 2hrs in my todolist (but I don't use the clock when executing because it stresses me, I go with the sixth sense, it tells me when circa 2 hours has passed, if they are 2,5 or 1,7 is the same). I don't skip saturday and sunday.
It's a total of 28 high quality hours vs 40 low quality hours average and more free time every day.

This maybe can help you also to grow up some babies with serenity.