View Single Post
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Maniac

I'm glad to see the Discrete 8 on the list. I also have the MOTU 1248 though represented by the 16A on the list. If I was to change anything on the Discrete 8 it would be to allow an option for users to switch between the Easy Control Panel and the more complex Matrix Routing Table, and secondly allow for AB monitor switching. If I was to start afresh I would add another Thunderbolt port and an AVB port.
I love the Mic emulations, and the ever expanding hardware models library. The Hardware both the interface and mics have excellent build quality. The AFX2DAW is a good tool to have since the Discrete 8 is limited to 8 channels for realtime processing via the AFX. The 8 Channel limitation is not so bad if you are only using the analog inputs which max out at 8 simultaneous inputs. but if you add the other digital inputs you will run out of processing channels.

It is always great to have two analog inputs at the front. These can be switched from Mic/Line/Instruments.

The Headphone Amp is good quality with support for the most demanding Headphones.

I wish it used a standard power cable though the wall plug is not heavy or huge.

.................................................................................................................

On the computer a USB C port can function as Thunderbolt or USB depending on the device plugged in. Why can't we have audio interface with only USB-C ports that will become USB audio interfaces when plugged into a computer that only supports USB and a Thunderbolt device when plugged into a computer that supports Thunderbolt 3?

.................................................................................................................

Regards,
Enoch