View Single Post
Old 20th November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Cant believe I missed this thread!!!

My bang for the buck pick is the cheap crap plastic Danelectro Surf n Turf. Was 12 UK pounds brand new when they came out.
Best approximation of the script Dynacomp that I bought in the seventies & foolishly gave to a mate.
Only down side (as I recently found out) is that the knobs are ultra special.
Break one (as I did) at your peril.
I wound up buying another pedal in the series, so at least I now have a spare in case I break another one!
Now you're talking! A while ago I stumbled on a case full of Dano mini pedals that I had completely forgotten about. No comp though but I'll check it out. The Tremolo is outstanding, one if the best really, and there's a Uni-Vibe (called 'Vibrato' I think) that's really good, same with the phaser, auto-wah and slapback. The 'French Toast' fuzz - allegedly a clone of the Foxx Tone Machine' - is outstanding.

I found these mini pedals absolutely ideal for effects you only might need once in a while. They don't take up much space and by using them in loops in a GigRig2 I also don't worry bout the flimsy connectors. The construction may the toyish and cheap but unlike many other and much more expensive pedals I hear no tone loss. Set and forget.