View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinejames View Post
For the longest time I was sure I was going to study education, primarily elementary school education and ESL training. However, I now am quite interested in music and getting a degree in audio engineering sounds quite fun! I just want to know, what is the job market like for audio engineers?
What type of audio engineering in what market? There's a huge variation.

Quote:
If I get a degree, will I be able to make a decent living off this or will it be a tough industry where i'm fighting for every dollar?
See above. Best bet is be prepared to "fight". Or possibly 'fail'. Sorry to be a downer but it's a tough market, and technological advances are going to make it far harder.

Quote:
I am still interested in education but an audio engineering degree just sound like an awesome way to spend my time

Thanks!!
Learning the craftsmanship of the arts is a fantastic way to spend one's time... until it's time to pay off student debt, then it's less fantastic.

My guess is that education, particularly for younger children, will be more in demand for a longer period of time than audio engineering. Again though, it depends on the market.