View Single Post
Old 25th October 2018
Most things worth doing carry some risk. The risk that it won't pan out. The risk that you'll find a rut and it will get old.

It might be a good idea to put the horse in front of the cart. You are free to make the music you wish to. It helps when it comes to doing the work if you feel some reward from your efforts apart from $, recognition, etc.

IOW, since you have a job, it could be about the art and not the lifestyle. Produce the music and then see what's possible.

Or if you really have found a hole that looks inviting, shape the peg to fit. You have to do the work either way.

FWIW, I don't think I was ever happier than when my life was all about music. The sacrifices I made weren't always easy. It wasn't easy to shut the door on the many tempting possibilities the day presented and spend the day with the violin instead. But, for the row I generally wanted to hoe, that was the price of admission. And once I started to feel like I was actually expressing myself, the other things I maybe could have been doing disappeared from the picture.

Last edited by GearFiddler; 28th October 2018 at 10:14 PM..