View Single Post
Old 25th October 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhiley View Post
As a last resort before I unhooked it to ship away I started flipping the ground lift switch and the phase reverse switch a few times. It started working. I might've heard a click inside from the amplifier or if I might've just heard the click of the switches. It's unclear which switch did it but one of them made it work immediately.

These switches in any position should allow the sub to operate. Even more baffling is that powering the thing up and down numerous times over the past 3 days made no difference. I had to toggle those switches.
So changes to the ground lift brought it back to life?

Have you had the electrics checked in that studio for grounding issues? Does it have a dedicated spike to earth?

If it was tripping out due to a wiring issue, it would explain all the failures and the constant issues you've experienced.

I'll also mirror the other comments, as whilst I've never had to deal with their support, I do know what our own failure rates are like and you've had more failures there than we've had in 3 years of selling Eris speakers.
Show replies