View Single Post
Old 16th September 2018
Lives for gear

Masterful Information and again....people wonder why DAW systems can’t cut thru here, why...they (Plug In’s) can’t do what Italo is discussing and if they could you’d have a stereo paired track it would require so much processing...yet talk Digital Front End and honestly people go into the deepest minutiae regarding Clocking and Front End...In Mixing and Dynamics to Effects to Acoustics its the same....yet still vastly overlooked why? Shiny graphic GUI that look easy, nothing worthwhile is so simple or easy! Zero!

The Advice is here, yet....
Blah!
I’m breathless!
Thank you Italo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by italo de angelis View Post
Maybe late to this party...

"Gothic Pad" is a bit of a twisted one. Most pitch/delays efx use the shifters' internal delays which obviously will cause pitch to raise or drop, with repetitions. This one doesn't as the shifters feed the delays and then a great Lexicon Plate reverb.
Can other units do exactly the same?
The big Eventide, yes, but you need Vsig work. Eclipse can't. The pedals... forget them.
Pcm92/96 can't... and no, their algorithms are not the same as the 8x/9x series. The plugs don't do this as well.
So? So your quick and cheap path is either a PCM80 w/Pitch FX card or a PCM81.

More about what's in the thread...
-Lexicon 300
sure, you can do amazing to extreme chorusing on it! The Dual Delays algorithm (actually an unique string of 6 series AND parallel delays never available on any other Lexicon) can do some unbelievable modulation efx.
They just need to be programmed.

The PCM80/81 is a stunning piece of processing hardware. What you hear in the presets doesn't make any justice to the machine. It has a spectacular series of internal parameters modulators and up to 8 pivot points in each single modulator>parameter patch (10 of them available in a preset!) that allow the user to create things impossible on any other unit... unless you go Orville/H8000. Glide modulation on the PCM is unique if deeply explored and a lot more stuff is in there.
For the prices these units go these days... it's nonsense to even look somewhere else. I added an 81 to my 80... and boy, those 2 together can do some amazing damaged beauty!