View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
That Sony MX-L sled looks like the best option. You can get two 8500mAh batteries plus a charger from Wasabi power on Amazon for $60. I've used the Wasabi stuff for years. On my GoPros, GH4s, GH5s, for the SD788, for Canon batteries on the SmallHD 502 monitor and the Edelkrone slider...always good.

Here ya go:
Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Sony NP-F975, NP-F970, NP-F960, NP-F950: Camera & Photo

I just ordered a MixPre10t and planning to power it with the MX-L and/or a standard v-mount battery via D-Tap to Hirose cable.
Thanks for the tip -- that is $60 plus another $60 for the battery sled, it doesn't come with the mixpre3. This is how fast you get into hundreds on batteries. They're getting $60-$70 for a little piece of molded soft plastic that holds 8AAs or this L batt -- it's way over the line. Hope somebody in China is listening and goes into the business of making dupes, because it would be super easy to copy at $1 a piece.

Man, I'm starting to feel like the unit should have come with some kind of lithium battery, like a cell phone does, because it's not like you can throw AAs in there and go use it. It's their way of keeping their margin up. There are other drawbacks to it, but it does sound great -- that is, doesn't sound like anything.