View Single Post
Old 28th August 2018
Lives for gear
I did the last Group buy and found tat I only use 2 of the Plugs. I was most disappointed with the SSL channel. It is very soft sounding- as a side effect I reach for it for snares that are to Pointy! I stop messing with IK when there was no low cost upgrade path for Sampletank 2 users, along with general price increase across there line up. HOWEVER, I have to say some of there new Plug ins are Top Shelf against anything. The Vari MU, EQual are as good as any Comp and EQ simulation of there Type. The EQual in particular is an outstanding Clean EQ for leaving Time domain characteristics in tact!

I only came across this deal after deciding I owed it too myself to Demo Lurssen Mastering Console Vs. BX Masterdesk! Both are good products but I felt the Lurssen was much more capable of adding Character to a Mix where as the Masterdesk plugin is really Transparent. I have many transparent Mastering tools so I went for Lurssen!

When I purchased the Plug in I found out about the Group buy and only then decided to mess wit the Custom shop Crap just to demo these. I have to say it was worth it! With Jam points the Lurssen Mastering console was 130.00. Now it looks like I will additionally get Equal, Stealth Lim. ,Vari Mu, Mic room and One(Which sounds very close to Masterdesk) for that 130.00 and 2 of them are as good as anything out there in there Category. The Stealth Limiter does not get as loud as the competition but It's Tone is very expensive sounding. So for Tone top Notch for Loudness average.

The Value is just crazy for this Group Buy! That's why I had to Post. Don't pass this one up.

Jazztone