View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac

Maybe it's not that important here, but the info on Reaper pricing is wrong: It's actually 60$, not 59$ for the discounted license (ain't it refreshing to see the actual price instead of the common ridiculous .99 pricing?).

From the REAPER website:

You may use the discounted license if:
You are an individual, and REAPER is only for your personal use, or

You are an individual or business using REAPER commercially, and yearly gross revenue does not exceed USD $20,000, or

You are an educational or non-profit organization.

The regular price for a commercial license is 225$ (which is still a bargain) although one doesn't have to bring evidence of qualification for the discounted price.
Also, your license expires after 2 mayor releases, so if you buy a license for 5.xx it's valid through 6.99 and you have to buy a new one for version 7.

I have read many comments where people claim Reaper is free, just because you can use the fully functional demo forever, that's immature ignorance.

I love Reaper for that pricing model and for the complete lack of copy protection, which has cost me quite some nerves with other DAWs... (oh, i need the new iLok for that version -> oh, i need the new Pace software -> oh, i have to upgrade my OS for that software -> oh, that OS doesn't run on my older office computer...)

If we want that model, which bases on trust, to stay or even spread, it's crucial to support it correctly. Try it, it feels good