View Single Post
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
Physical Gaps are used to prevent vibrations travelling from one solid to another. Resilient Caulk seals the gaps to prevent airborne transmission.
Yes but I thought that the air gap was between the wall and the drywall, I never knew there could be no touching anywhere. Anyway, how is this possible? A framed wall needs steel framing to get its support and so is screwed at least somewhere to the outside structure.

Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
What is your Isolation Requirement? What spectrum of do you want to prevent getting from where to where?
Not too ambitious with isolation because it is quiet enough down there so am just looking for a decent improvement to what I have now.

Thanks for the links!

Last edited by attaboy_jhb; 16th April 2018 at 08:08 AM..