View Single Post
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post

I haven't used Cakewalk for at least 12-15 years. Whenever the Pro Audio versions were around.

CW look is pleasant.
I typically mix in either PT or Harrison, when I produce or arrange, I always head back to Cakewalk, and as you said, its a pleasant appearance and super easy to navigate around environment that I'm happy to be in
Truth, it was not until about a year ago that the platform really started to gel and become ultra stable, I don't think I had one crash that was not of my own doing.
It's really a strong DAW, and I do not think the free thing is going to go away, rather it is going to become a gateway into other products and platforms. And if at some point there is a paid pathway for upgrading or version changing, the BandLab owner has stated that he intends this free version to always be available to any and all who get in early. This move is definitely going to have an effect on other DAW makers, particularly their price point.
The version you have is the most current, stripped of some of the bloat. The next scheduled update for this version is 04/10/2018 and my understanding is that it will only be how the licence key is handled. There really is not much to complain about with this version, very stable. In the past I have been very critical of the Sonar line, but now I'm starting to sound like a fan!! truth is I'm not really fussed which I am in these days, unless there is midi involved, for that my preference is Cakewalk