View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2018
Here for the gear

Korg DW 8000 Problem/Not Working

Hello everybody,

I just bought a Korg DW 8000 for cheap money. The seller said it should work and there was no power cable when I bought it. So I said come on I'll just buy it and we will see.
I went home, soldered a new power plug on the synth and switched it on. For about 2 minutes the display was on and i just went away to get my headphones to check if its really working. In the moment i returned the LED display died. And no this is what happens when I turn it on and off: The LED lights up for just a second, when I turn it on and also when I turn it off again.

I read some stuff in the internet, and I found out that there is this common "knob cell problem", where the battery i soldered on the board inside. So I changed the battery by soldering some knob cell holder with a new battery on the board --> nothings changed.

So now, Im at the end of my knowledge and dont have any guess how to continue. Maybe somebody of you got some idea or even had the same problem in the past. Ah and before i forget when i switch on the Korg, i hear this soft click sound, the same if switch on an amplifier. So maybe somehow its supplied with power. Thanks you very much for just reading and maybe we will make some steps and repairing this nice piece of electronics.

cheers max