View Single Post
Old 20th March 2018 | Show parent

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadroyhibbert View Post
Hey, I PM'd ya back! I don't have the schematic, unfortunately . . .

I can't speak for the 8428, but on the 8616 the group assignments on the mono channel strips have a switch on the circuit board itself that selects between using each group as an individual mono bus (1, 2, 3, 4) without the ability to pan between them, or as pairs (1-2, 3-4) that you can pan between. I had this problem on some strips on mine, and considering that the 8428 is based on the 8616, I would not be surprised if this is the case. Try pulling a channel strip and looking for a little box switch that may have a pcb marking that says "PAN" or something. If you find something, flip it, reinstall the channel and see if you still have the problem.

The only other thing I can think of is the groups' level and pan assignment to the master is controlled by a concentric pot on the group switch on the 8616's groups, which are by design very similar to the 8428's. There's the group fader, the return input pot, and then the concentric pot for the master assignment. The top controls the level, and the bottom controls the pan. In case yours is the same and you missed that, it's worth mentioning.

Hopefully this helps. You aught to share some pictures! Funny to think/say, but you have a fairly rare board.
Pulled out the bus module, didn't see any kind of adjustment for mono/stereo...but, a work around would be to take the bus outs and go back into a pair of input channels. Just want to to do parallel drum processing...