View Single Post
Old 18th March 2018
Deleted User
Many of the dedicated degrees, such as the widely regarded Master of Arts Preservation and Presentation of the Moving Image from the University of Amsterdam or the Conservation of New Media and Digital Information from the University of Stuttgart, require a Batchelor's in Media and Culture Studies.

It really depends on which direction you intend to go, if the intent is to apply for full time employment with the required qualifications, or if one only really requires a broadening of existing knowledge or further training in related fields that may be of interest.

There are several annual short courses that aim to expand knowledge, such as:
FRAME training courses organised by FIAT/IFTA in Paris or Hilversum
Digitising and Reimagining Your Film and Sound Archives in Belfast
Winter School for Audiovisual Archiving in Hilversum