View Single Post
Old 8th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymax View Post
Hello I'm max and i'm cleaning the board and removing the glue and replacing capacitors since two weeks and the problem still remains the same. actually i'm pretty surprised that they're still working (nothings changed) after my treatment.

but i can not say that they're really working, the problem since i got them used from a friend is: When I turn the power on, everything is alright in sound and volume for about 2-3 seconds. then the volume is fading out quickly to a point where I can turn up the volume knob to max and the speakers are playing as loud as my cellphones ringtone.

one phenomen is that when i turn them off and on again, the speakers volume remains on the normal level longer if I keep them turned off for longer time, but its only a few second difference.

At this point Im quiet desperate and dont have any idea. maybe some of you got one.

max
Off the top of my head, this sounds like a capacitor and/or power supply failure. The capacitors may be failing and causing the "rails" of the amplifier circuit to shrink, thereby causing a quieter and quieter output over time. By turning the speakers off and allowing the capacitors to discharge before powering the speakers up again allows the caps to start from "zero" again. The funny thing is that you replaced the caps, so this is puzzling for sure.

Can you double-check that the capacitors are connected in the correct polarity? Did you only replace the big, power-supply caps?