View Single Post
Old 15th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOQuantity View Post
I've been using a pair of APS Coax for about a year and they have been wonderful. I'm a big fan of sealed cabinet designs, especially when I'm working in a poorly treated room (which is more often than not) where ported speakers, in my experience, tend to be less trustworthy in the lows, and there aren't that many options compared to ported designs, so I'm really happy APS have one available. The bass doesn't go deep (although it's still possible to shake the floor a bit even at modest monitoring levels) but once you're used to that (or have added the matching subwoofer, if you have a higher budget than I do) they're fantastic to mix on, everything I do on them seems to translate really well, even when I first got them and hadn't learned them yet. Definitely worth considering if you need a set of nearfields with really good imaging and detail and don't mind (or prefer) a bit of low end rolloff.
What music do u mix on them i am about to get klasik but the rear ports are not good imo ports in speakers are not good in general.Do the apzs coax will be good for terribly loud genres as house tech house?